Saturday, March 3, 2012

great morning

Today is off to a fantastic start! One of my tutoring student's mothers showed up to watch class last night. Unannounced. For an hour. And she doesn't speak English. Slightly nerve racking, but I wasn't too worried. When my student back came this morning, she brought homemade breakfast for me from her mother! Apparently mom thought class went well (or she felt bad when my TA told her neither of us cook)... delicious.


Then, I got back to my apartment to find my first piece of mail since arriving in China. I get pretty excited by little things (like getting mail), and as if that wasn't enough, I open the package up to find a Kindle! As an avid reader, it is an absolutely perfect gift from a friend. So excited! Now I just need to find some ice cream...


No comments:

Post a Comment