Thursday, March 1, 2012

adult exericse

Driving through town a while ago we passed a playground, complete with children's playground equipment, and no children, just adults. I asked my TA where are kids were and she said it was a playground for grownups. Chinese adults seem to play and exercise just like kids, it's awesome.

When I went to the Aquatic Park in Nankai the other day the place was packed, and it was all groups of adults exercising. I saw groups doing Tai Chi, ballroom dancing, roller blading (both in a line conga style and freestyle roller dancing) and people individually walking around doing their own kinds of calisthenics. All before 9:30am. It all seems a lot more fun than your average American fitness class.





There were also three gentlemen (all separate) that would walk until they seemed to find the right spot on the edge of the water and then just yell. Really loudly. For as long as they could. My kind of guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment