Wednesday, March 28, 2012

beach, Brewers & bartending

On Sunday my friend and I went to check out the beach in Haeundae, a district of Busan. It was gorgeous and reminded me of California! Aside from the missionaries trying to convert us every five seconds (more like every 15 minutes, but regardless), but other than that, it was wonderful. Really makes me wish I could get a work visa here :(



This is soap in the bathroom at the beach; it's on the end of a pole that you have to grab and rub up and down to use. It's a trade off, usually there isn't soap in China, but you also don't have to make obscene gestures in public restrooms.
These kids were practicing capoeira and break dancing on the beach; awesome!
Naturally I like the little skater kids. Most of them were of mixed descent, the beach is in a nicer area of town where foreigners live hotels for extended periods of time.
I got really excited and wanted to take a picture of this guy because of his hat. Turns out he had no idea who the Milwaukee Brewers were, and that's really common here. He just liked the hat, so he bought it. He has happy to take a picture regardless!
After the beach, we headed to our guest bartending gig. It turned out to be a blast and I got to meet a lot more foreigners who were mostly really cool. I did meet one guy though that just bugged the crap out of me. He's a middle aged man with a wife a kid back in the States. He's been in Korea for a year and dating a Spanish chick here the entire time behind his wife's back and apparently this is really common. I remember the last time I lived/works in Mexico encountering the same kind of thing that just makes you want to never get married, ugh.


After bartending we hit the town (sans crappy guy) and caused a ruckus!

Trouble in the making.
Nothing like reaching into the eel tank on the street to catch one until they chase you off!

No comments:

Post a Comment