Thursday, February 9, 2012

mirror mirror

One thing I am loving about China is not caring at all what I look like. There aren't nearly as many mirrors around as in the US, The Crack Den doesn't even have a full length mirror anywhere, and people really just don't care nearly as much. They wear a lot less makeup (if any), they wear their hair in ponytails most of the time and they'll wear the same clothes a few days in a row.

I don't have to dress up for school, I just have to look put together and not be revealing. Their definition of revealing is a bit different, short things are fine and tight things are fine as long as you have tights underneath so no actual skin is showing. I'm wearing jeans, a hoodie and my glasses now and I fit right in. I did wash my hair today for the first time in like four days though :) I haven't blow dried my hair since I got here, haven't broken out more than eyeliner and mascara and haven't worn anything for less than two days (and I've only been here for six). It takes absolutely zero time to get ready in the morning, it's great!

I am constantly surprised though by the ponytails and the short shorts or short skirts with tights just because of the weather. It's way too cold out as far as I'm concerned to have exposed ears or minimally covered legs and a LOT of women do this every day. To each their own I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment