Friday, February 10, 2012

badminton

Foreigners badminton league played tonight and we had a blast! The last time I played has to have been middle school or high school gym class. I'm definitely not good, but I'm not absolutely terrible. It's all for fun anyway and it's a good group.



You pay a bit to play, and there is a woman there that is the sneaker Nazi. Black soled shoes, even sneakers, are not allowed on the badminton courts for some reason or other, and she keeps an eagle eye on everyone's feet to make sure no black soles sneak by her. She made a couple of us, myself included, play in our socks.

We played for a couple of hours and then went out to dinner. It really does feel like a little family, even though I just met most of these people on Tuesday. They were all very happy for me getting everything straightened out and going to Tianjin Sunday. Hopefully I'm able to connect with some great people there too… and maybe play some more badminton!

No comments:

Post a Comment