Sunday, February 5, 2012

downtime, design, cold & The Crack Den

You can tell how busy I am in any given day by how much I'm posting on here. Three post day today- I had a lot of downtime. I got to work early and then finished my lesson planning for my demo classes very early and had nothing to do. Then after my demo classes one of my bosses blew off my orientation... again. This could get interesting.

Had a long chat with our owner today and he's definitely going to have me doing graphic design as well as teaching; I get to design a business system, uniforms, etc. and he's going to buy me the software and pay me extra instead of taking away from my teaching hours. After our chat he also switched my class focus to mostly business English because of my background. Songyuan is primarily an oil town, so there is a lot of money here and many of our contracts are with the oil companies; my schedule actually says "Oil Adults 1" and "Oil Adults 2".

I'd love be outside exploring the city in my downtime but it is freaking cold! Today was a high of around 25 degrees Fahrenheit... which is warm. The next few days the high is between 16 and 9. This week Monday through Thursday I'm only working from 1:30pm-2:30pm so I'm going to have to figure out SOMETHING to do to amuse myself. Luckily two of the other English teachers got in today so I have more people to play with!

Being busy here makes me much happier. Someone asked me to go to lunch today and we had a girls' staff dinner tonight; having plans made my day. Well, that and the news that I'm moving out of The Crack Den in two days tops, woot!


Note to self: REMEMBER TOILET PAPER. I switched bags today and forgot to transfer the tp... huge tactical error.

Note to self: Traffic here WILL hit you; drivers do not give a crap about pedestrians. Or lanes and right/wrong sides of the road. Or speed limits. Or traffic laws in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment