Saturday, June 23, 2012

eating Lassie (& Thumper)

I finally did it, I ate dog for lunch yesterday.

One of my adult students has been talking about going to try it for a while now, so yesterday he took me to lunch with a friend of his and we did it. We tried dog literally prepared eleven different ways (or eleven different parts). It definitely has a distinct flavor and it's not especially good. I had a fortune teller tell me I will grow to love eating dog (completely random, I know) and an American friend told me to just wait, I'll crave it, but I don't see myself ordering it again.

This is ALL dog. The plate on the left is dog skin. The other two smaller plates are shredded dog meat in some kind of marinate, that one is the clear favorite for everyone.
This is a platter of dog necks, no joke. And I ate one. Eek!
Also, at the beer fest the other day, we tried rabbit, bbq style. The whole rabbit. Luckily they cut it up for us. But they were nice enough to give us the head (how sweet, right?). My opinion of rabbit was about the same, I probably won't ever go out of my way to eat it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment