Tuesday, April 3, 2012

shanty town blizzard

It was about 60 degrees Fahrenheit in Songyuan when I returned from Korea and I was so happy; I hate the cold. So naturally, after two days we had a blizzard.



I really worry about the people that live in the shanty town behind The Crack Den in the cold weather. When I first moved in, I though nobody lived in these places, but I know from being a creeper and sitting in my place watching the shanty town that people do live there. This front place especially worries me with the lack of a roof. Even if people don't live in that one room without the roof, the rest of it has to be crazy cold as well. I'm wondering how they don't freeze to death. I saw an old woman walk up and knock on the front door the other day; when no one answered she threw a bag of food over the wall. At least someone is looking out for them, I guess?


No comments:

Post a Comment