Friday, May 4, 2012

Shanghai adventure pt 4

My last full day in Shanghai I explored hostel #3 and the surrounding city quite a bit. It was just a few blocks down from a temple, a large park, a few malls, great restaurants and bars... a great location in short.
alley location of hostel #3
definitely made use of this
too cute



After checking out the area, I grabbed dinner at a nearby organic, vegan restaurant and then went back to my hostel in hopes of meeting people to make some plans for the evening. There were definitely a few hours in the afternoon/evening when traveling alone got to me and I was just ridiculously lonely. I called a friend in Songyuan to cheer myself up, and apparently everyone else in there had taken short weekend trips for the holiday so he was lonely as well. He had gone out that day and bought a turtle to keep him company, ha.

My hostel had a terrace bar, so I went upstairs and struck up a conversation with the one other person up there (bar fail). She wasn't planning on going out, but two Frenchman came up shortly after and I started talking to them so we made plans to go out. We checked out three other bars and clubs that night, ranging from a rooftop club on the Bund to a small hidden club in a house with mostly Chinese and Koreans. We had a great time. We actually ended up meeting up with friends of the Spaniard that I had met earlier in the day as well.


The next day we went to lunch at a gorgeous restaurant on the water in the park, played some pool and then it was time to be off. All in all I had a great holiday, but it would have been much better if I had been with someone else.

restaurant
lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment