Thursday, September 20, 2012

leg #2: travel China, Shanghai (again)

After Beijing, we returned to Shanghai for about a day. We hit the Pearl Market again and went to a British bar for drinks, where we met a man that may have made my trip. He used to book bands, so he filled us in on where the good live music venues were in Shanghai.




My friend and I used to live together in the States, and at one point we were going to see almost a show a week. I absolutely love live music, and I haven't seen any since the day before I left for China. We went to the club that night and saw some great musicians, it was the perfect end to our trip.

Ben Houge
Daniel Hart
At the shows we go to in the States, the universe seems to have some unspoken rule, that there will be some Asian guy (likely the only one at the show) that will try to attach himself to me for the entirety of it. When Ben Houge was on, he said something that prompted me to yell, "You sound like you're from Wisconsin!" at him... and then it happened there too. This guy that was also apparently from Wisconsin, but working in Shanghai and of Chinese heritage, used that as his opening and hung out by us until we left. It cracked us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment