Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pakse/Vientiane (days 13-14)

The next day was a traveling day. I was flying out of Vientiane, Laos the day after, and that was a solid 12ish hours away. We took a three hour bus to Pakse, Laos and hung out there for a about five hours before catching the next bus to Vientiane. Pakse really didn't have a whole lot going for it. We mostly aimlessly wandered with another guy we had seen around Don Det that was also on our bus.

The gold thing on the mountain is a crazy huge Buddha.
Wild boar!


Our bus from Pakse to Vientiane was a sleeper bus with double beds that we rode overnight. Each bed had two "seats", so if you were traveling alone (like our friend), you were going to end up sleeping in the same bed as a stranger. Like all the buses, the roads and drivers were completely nuts and unsafe, so if we hadn't had my sleeping pills it would have been a really long night.


We arrived in Vientiane at 7am and went to our hotel to take a nap before showering and sending me off on my 2pm flight. We got to the airport an hour early and were told my flight was delayed at least six hours, so we had some time to play in Vientiane. We got ridiculously massages, wandered around the riverfront market and had an amazing Italian dinner before I left. All said and done my flight was delayed nine hours, and it made for a great last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment