Thursday, March 22, 2012

another adventure in Beijing: pt 3

After the game last night I stayed at my friend's sister's awesome apartment in Beijing.

In the interest of only being a small creep (as opposed to a major creep posting pictures of the inside of the apartment of people I just met), I'll just post this picture of their view of the center courtyard of their complex.
Today his brother in law left on a trip to Hong Kong and his sister had class, so we were left to our own devices. We headed over to 798 to explore. Even though I'd been before, 798 is definitely a place I could spend weeks in and not get bored, or see everything.




This was awesome; it's a hologram maze of a city!!!
Wall from the left...
...same wall from the right!










end of the maze







Racist much?
Tonight my friend had family time with his sister, so I did dinner solo in 798 and then a Chinese friend that I met in Tanggu who lives in Beijing met me out. We grabbed a few drinks in 798, but everything shuts down pretty early, so in the interest of doing something interesting but not staying out all night at a club we went to play pool. We played in the second basement level of a mall at a super crazy place you would never find not living in Beijing, and they randomly brought us watermelon.



Tomorrow I'm headed back to 798 solo again for more art before my flight to Korea tomorrow evening!

2 comments:

  1. Here I am, a vivid blog~

    Hongding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I don't name names, but you just outed yourself :)

    ReplyDelete